Scalby School has a defined admission zone, although parents are entitled to apply to any secondary school of their choice.
A good percentage of students who attend Scalby School live outside the traditional admission zone.
Scalby School runs our annual Open Day Event in September each year. Check out local press and our website and social media feeds from August for further details.
We have students at Scalby School who attended the following Primary Schools:
- Northstead Community Primary School*
- Newby and Scalby Primary School*
- Lindhead School*
- Barrowcliff Community Junior School*
- Wheatcroft Community Primary School
- Friarage Community Primary School
- Martin’s CE Primary School
- Gladstone Road Junior School
- Brompton and Sawdon Community Primary School*
- East Ayton Community Primary School
- Hackness CE Primary School*
- Hinterwell Community Primary School
- Wykeham CE Primary School *
- Snainton CE Primary School*
- Seamer & Irton Community Primary School
- Peter’s RC Primary School*
* within or partly within the traditional admission zone.
Admissions Application Process
School Admission Appeals
Timetable for Admission Appeals
Scalby Learning Trust follows North Yorkshire County Council’s agreed timetable for admission appeals.
The admissions appeals dates for 2021 are:
13th April 2021 – Closing date for secondary admissions appeals. Appeals for a place at a particular secondary school must be received by this date.
May– June – Admission appeal hearings. Main secondary admission appeals to be heard during this period.
The School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (Section 94) gives you the right to appeal the LEA’s decision should your child be refused a place. If you wish to appeal against a decision relating to admissions please contact you Local Education Office who will send you a Notice of Appeal form and details about what to do next. North Yorkshire County Council have more details about admissions on their website. You can also find more information about Education and Learning within North Yorkshire. North Yorkshire County Council Appeals