The parents’ partnership meet with members of Scalby School Senior Leadership Team on a Termly basis at 7.00pm in the main hall. Dates and content of the meetings are published below and in the school newsletter.
The purpose of the group is:
- To give parents a voice and increase their involvement in consultation and decision making, fostering a culture of ownership and participation.
- To develop a partnership between the school and parents / carers in order to support and promote students’ learning and bring about change.
The purpose is not:
- The channel for individual complaints and issues. Concerns or complaints involving individual students, families or teachers will not be discussed. Any concerns should be discussed with staff outside of the meeting.
Parents can use Ofsted’s online survey, Parent View, at any time during the school year to give Ofsted your opinion of your child’s school. You can also use Parent View to see survey results for schools across England. Visit www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk, or look for the link on the main Ofsted website: www.ofsted.gov.uk
Tuesday 23rd October 2018 – Year 11 Exam Preparation Evening
Thursday 22nd November 2018 – 6.00pm Main Hall
Thursday 16th May 2019 – 6.00pm Main Hall
Thursday 12th October 2017 – 7.00pm Main Hall
Agenda as follows:
- 2017 Results Analysis
- Appointment of new Head Teacher
Thursday 23rd November 2017 – 7.00pm Main Hall
Agenda as follows:
- Details of the Attitude to Learning Reports
- Mr McCluskie, New Head Teacher Presentation
Thursday 3rd November 2016 – 7.00pm Main Hall
Presentation and consultation on the options process for the parents of Year 8 students and also assessment for Year 7.
Wednesday 30th November 2016 – 6.30pm Main Hall
Presentation on the pre-public examinations for the parents of Year 11 students.
Thursday 17th September 2015 – 7pm Main Hall
Thursday 18th November 2015 – 7pm Main Hall
Wednesday 10th February 2016 – 7pm Main Hall
Academy Consultation Meeting
Wednesday 16th March 2016 – 7pm Main Hall
Y11 Preparing for exams
Thursday 9th June 2016 – 7pm Main Hall
- Strategic Priorities for the next academic year
- Changes to the rewards system
- Update on the academy application.
2014 /2015 Archive
Tuesday 27 January 2015 – 7pm – Main Hall
Tuesday 18 November 2014 – 7pm – Main Hall – Helping your Child make the best of Year 11
Tuesday 23 September 2014 – 7pm – Main Hall – Curriculum & Homework Policy Consultation
Parents also received a draft homework policy and were invited to feedback.