Useful links for Students and Parents/Carers - Covid 19
Please find below some useful links.
BBC Own It App updated for COVID-19
The BBC’s Own It app helps young people new to social media manage their well-being, whilst empowering children to make smart choices, and helping them to lead a positive life online.
The Own It app and keyboard lets children:
- get advice whenever they type
- track their feelings
- win badges as they reflect
- find help when they need it
- taking quizzes to learn more about themselves
The app also includes a special keyboard to use which offers helpful tips and friendly advice to children when they need it.
The app can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play.
Further information can be found here: https://www.bbc.com/ownit/take-control/own-it-app
- Bounce Forward – Online Resilience Course for Parents – Helping Children Thrive at Home – Letter/information here: Bounce Forward – Resilience Sessions for Parents
- The Go-To is a new website that has been launched in North Yorkshire to help support children and young people’s mental health
- Kooth – an online-based service offering free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.
- Support and advice for children and young people https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
- Mental and emotional wellbeing support from charity run by young people https://www.ditchthelabel.org/
- Advice for children to stay in touch with grandparents who are self-isolating/reducing social contact https://parentzone.org.uk/article/eight-activities-will-help-you-stay-touch-grandparents-%E2%80%93-even-when-youre-apart
- Parent/carer guide for most popular social media apps and tech devices https://parentzone.org.uk/advice/parent-guides
- Parent/carer guide to the features and risks of TikTok app use https://parentzone.org.uk/article/tiktok-everything-you-need-know-about-video-production-app
- Help and advice for parent/carers including tech support to remove content and safeguard settings https://parentzone.org.uk/Parent-lounge
- Advice for parents/carers of children with SEND https://www.childnet.com/resources/star-sen-toolkit
- Advice for parents of adopted children specific to safeguarding identity https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/articles/Young-peoples-use-of-the-internet-Advice-for-adoptive-parents/
- Advice for foster carers and useful contacts https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/articles/Looked-after-children-Specific-risks/
- Advice for Parents relating to domestic abuse IDAS – frequently asked questions during self isolation