We believe that every student who has a reasonable prospect of being graded at any level for GCSE or BTEC should be entered at the end of the course being followed. For Core and Options subjects this will be at the end of Year 11 in all courses.


The following documents may help you assist your son /daughter during their revision period:

Revision Tips include:
• Encourage them to take revision breaks and find a balance between studying and doing things they find enjoyable and relaxing.
• Make sure they are eating and drinking at regular intervals.
• Reassure them – reinforce that you are and will be proud of them no matter what happens.
• Remain positive and hopeful!
• Let them know their feelings are valid and normal, but also offer support and solutions where possible.
• Anxiety is often worst at night and this means it is useful to encourage good bedtime routine

You can find out more here: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/for-parents/parents-guide-to-support-a-z/parents-guide-to-support-exam-time/

Students who make insufficient progress, or produce inadequate or insufficient coursework will be expected to attend compulsory booster sessions after school from 2.30 – 3.30pm.

Should a student fail to complete the necessary coursework or fail to attend their final examination without a doctor’s certificate, s/he will be required to reimburse the school for the examination fees for that subject.

Examinations Timetable

The following document gives details of school and external examinations and assessment:

Examinations Policies and Key Documents

The following documents provide key information relating to examinations at Scalby School:

 Regulations information

Here are links to some documents that provide information to candidates about examinations:

Unique Learner Numbers

What is a Unique Learner Number (ULN)?

When a student reaches Year 9 they are issued with a Unique Learner Number (ULN) which is used to register and make exam entries with awarding bodies. The ULN is designed to make individual achievements available to Learners (and to colleges and universities) at the Personal Learning Record (PLR) online

The ULN allows the PLR to be populated with verified achievements as Learners move through their lifelong educational journey. Using the ULN will help learners by: speeding up HE and FE applications and admissions, as well as making it possible for individuals to demonstrate qualifications to a potential employer.

This Privacy Notice explains how a student’s data will be shared:-

Privacy Notice for: pupils, students, learners and trainees

Some of the information you supply will be used by the Skills Funding Agency to fulfil its statutory functions, issue/verify your Unique Learner Number (ULN) and update/check your Personal Learning Record. The Skills Funding Agency may share your ULN and Personal Learning Record with other education related organisations, such as your careers service, school, college, university, Government Departments and public bodies responsible for funding your education. Further details of how your information is processed and shared can be found on the government website.

Examinations Results Day

Thursday 22 August 2019.

Students can collect their results from the Main Hall at the following times:

Year 11:- 10:00am – 11:00pm

Year 10:- 10:30am – 11:00pm

If you cannot collect your results

For students who cannot collect their own results, they can designate someone else to collect them using the application form sent home in June. The designated person MUST bring photographic proof of identification for themselves.

If you don’t get the results you expected

Speak to your subject teacher in the first instance. They may suggest making a Post Results Service request to have either a clerical re-check or a post-results review of marking. In order to request one of these services, you must complete a Post Results Services Form (available from school on the day or via this link Post Results Services Form) and if necessary the required payments. Please take note of the deadlines for both form and payment to be received by the school.

Examination Certificates

Certificates are handed to students each December for Year 11 Leavers. Any students who sit examinations early, will receive their certificates at their own Year 11 Leavers event, in the year that they leave secondary education.

Thursday 6 December 2018:  16:00 – 17:00 at school.

Please contact school as soon as possible to inform whether you will be attending or not.

If you cannot attend the event to collect your certificates

For students who cannot collect their own certificates, they can designate someone else to collect them using the application form included in the results envelope in August, also available here: Certificate Evening 2018.   The designated person MUST bring photographic proof of identification for themselves along with them.

What happens if I do not collect my certificates?

Please be aware that certificates only need to be retained by the school for 12-months before they are securely destroyed. Therefore it is important that you collect your certificates as soon as possible, by arrangement with the exams office, to ensure that you do not have to pay for expensive replacements. Ex-students who believe they may have certificates held by the school should email exams@scalbyschool.org.uk requesting advice on whether their certificates are available, giving the following information:

  • Full Legal Name at the time the exams were taken
  • Date of Birth
  • Year of leaving Scalby

Where certificates are held by the school and you are unable to collect them (by appointment) in person, it is possible to make alternative arrangements, as long as these are received in writing in advance of your request. The Certificates authority can be downloaded, filled in and posted back prior to a third party making an appointment with the Exams Office, or with the appropriate attached funds to cover the postage of your certificates.

Where certificates are no longer held by the school, it is possible to obtain replacements. Details of how to obtain replacements are available from http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice/getting-a-replacement-certificate/. There is a charge per certificate for obtaining replacements.